PLC INSTALLATION AND STARTUP TECHNICIAN
The PLC Installation and Startup Technician is a highly motivated professional working in the Engineering and Control departments. As a key member of the business you will be involved primarily in field testing, installation quality control, fine-tuning, troubleshooting and commissioning of custom sawmill equipment designed by Comact and others. The ability to travel extensively to client’s sites and a close working relationship with the engineering, control and project management departments is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best and create an environment that will encourage new ideas.
- Adherence to and promotion of company safety standards.
- Ensure BID systems quality control standards for warranty approval.
- Look after the appearance of control panels and machines
- Complete I/O test following drawings, and update other departments of job completion.
- Setting up different industrials networking; i.e. Controlnet, Devicenet, Ethernet, etc.
- Commissioning variable frequency drives (Mainly Allen Bradley Powerflex 75x)
- Service & troubleshoot existing equipment.
- Monitor and improve equipment efficiency.
- Complete documentation; noncompliance report, engineering improvement, etc.
- Communicating with engineering, internal contacts and customers.
- Attend to project meetings when necessary.
TRAINING AND SKILL SET
- Enjoy extensive travel within North America.
- Have a background and/or education in one of the following:
- Automated control systems or industrial electrical hardwired systems.
- Electrical or electronic engineering technology.
- Rockwell Automation & Allen Bradley ControlLogix platforms.
- Industrial control network configuration, testing, monitoring and repair
- Possess an understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic systems and variable frequency drives (VFD’s).
- Preference given to those with work experience with sawmill / planer mill equipment.
- Be honest, autonomous, and methodical, with superior attention to detail and with excellent communication skills; all while working in a professional manner with clients and co-workers.
- Be able to read fabrication and assembly drawings.
- Be able to function under pressure and enjoy customer contact.
- Have a demonstrated ability to analyze problems and provide solutions using sound judgment.
- Have leadership qualities and enjoy teamwork.
- Be age over 21 and have a valid driver license
You must possess strong communication skills and have demonstrated a capacity for teamwork. You must also have initiative, be autonomous, and demonstrate that you are able to effectively evolve in a constantly changing environment. You enjoy challenges and working with equipment that is on the cutting edge of technology, you want to be part of a dynamic team, and you want to participate in the success of a growing company? We want to hear from you. Interested candidates who possess the required qualifications can forward their candidacy by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org