Outside Aftermarket Sales Representative
Working under the supervision of the Aftermarket Sales Manager, the Outside Sales Representative is a highly motivated, energetic, responsive and resourceful sales professional who will work with many external & internal contributors to promote, raise awareness, and ultimately drive increased opportunity and sales in your defined territory. These opportunities will be for parts, retrofits, software upgrades, and technical service on existing BID Group products. The outside sales representative is committed to our customer’s satisfaction, and will travel extensively within their territory to nurture relationships, and foster loyally to BID Group brands and products through exceptional responsiveness and service.
- Promote aftermarket product & service offerings
- Answer requests from customers and provide fast, courteous and accurate information, quotes and proposals.
- Analyze the customer sales requests to fully understand the need, and communicate internally to validate information to ensure BID Group has the capability to exceed the customer’s needs.
- Manage customer accounts using CRM software tool-keep current (meeting summaries, contact info, etc.)
- Generate “quotation requests”, using CRM software, track through the estimating process, and present final solutions to clients.
- Confirm sales order’s with the customer and ensure that the delivery date is respected.
- Up-sell our products, follow-up on quotes, and inform our customers of product innovations, and new offerings.
- Work closely with inside sales & representatives; provide & follow-up on service report parts quotations, spare parts lists, and equipment retrofits.
TRAINING AND SKILL SET
- 3 years of experience in sales or service, is required to apply for this position. Any other relevant experience and/or training will be considered.
- Sawmill industry knowledge would be a major asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude, and/or knowledge of industrial components used in machine fabrication, and the ability to read fabrication drawings & blueprints is a definite asset.
- Solid understanding of Industrial Automation, Process Control, and/or machine vision systems is a definite asset.
- Be honest, autonomous, and methodical, with superior attention to detail with excellent communication skills while working in a professional manner with clients, vendors and co-workers.
- Computer skills needed (Word, Excel, AutoCAD, and other specialized software)
- Be able to function under pressure, enjoy customer contact and enjoy teamwork.
- Analytical mind, attention to details, rigorous, methodical, self-motivated and driven.